INGREDIENTS (for about 10 waffles)
- 2 eggs
- 80 gr of sugar
- 180 gr of flour
- 50 gr of butter
- 180 ml of milk
- ½ teaspoon of baking powder for desserts
- A teaspoon of vanilla extract (optional)
- Separate the yolks from the egg whites and then beat the egg whites until stiff with the electric mixer. In the meantime, melt the butter in bain-marie or in the microwave
- In a bowl, beat the two egg yolks with the sugar and vanilla extract. Also add the cooled melted butter and mix everything together.
- Also add the flour and baking powder and, continuing to mix, pour the milk evenly.
- At this point, also add the beaten egg whites.
- Leave the mixture to rest for 15 minutes and in the meantime heat the plate.
- Pour the mixture a little on the plate and cook for 5/7 minutes or according to your personal tastes
- Fill the waffles according to your taste.
Flavor the dough with lemon zest, orange, cinnamon powder or cocoa. For a truly delicious version, enjoy them with cream and nutella or maple syrup and strawberries. To prepare them instead in the chocolate version, add 100 grams of cocoa powder to the original dough